Anaconda is an easy-to-install, free package manager, environment manager, and collection of open source packages with free community support.
- License: Anaconda is free to use and (re)distribute under the terms of the Anaconda End User License Agreement.
- System requirements: Linux, OS X, or Windows, 32-bit or 64-bit, 3 GB disk space to download and install.
Packages available in Anaconda¶
- Over 100 packages are automatically installed with Anaconda.
- Over 200 additional open source packages can be individually installed from the Anaconda repository by using the “conda install” command.
- Thousands of other packages are available from Anaconda.org.
- Others can be downloaded using the “pip install” command which is included and installed with Anaconda.
- You can also make your own custom packages using the “conda build” command, and upload them to Anaconda.org, PyPi or other repositories.