Review the system requirements listed below before installing Anaconda Distribution. If you don’t want the hundreds of packages included with Anaconda, you can install Miniconda, a mini version of Anaconda that includes just conda, its dependencies, and Python.
Looking for Python 3.5 or 3.6? See our FAQ.
- License: Free use and redistribution under the terms of the End User License Agreement.
- Operating system: Windows 7 or newer, 64-bit macOS 10.10+, or Linux, including Ubuntu, RedHat, CentOS 6+, and others.
- If your operating system is older than what is currently supported, you can find older versions of the Anaconda installers in our archive that might work for you. Check our FAQ for version recommendations.
- System architecture: Windows- 64-bit x86, 32-bit x86; MacOS- 64-bit x86; Linux- 64-bit x86, 64-bit Power8/Power9.
- Minimum 5 GB disk space to download and install.
On Windows, macOS, and Linux, it is best to install Anaconda for the local user, which does not require administrator permissions and is the most robust type of installation. However, if you need to, you can install Anaconda system wide, which does require administrator permissions.
Silent mode install
You can use silent mode to automatically accept default settings and have no screen prompts appear during installation.
Installing Anaconda on a non-networked machine (air gap)
- Obtain a local copy of the appropriate Anaconda installer for the non-networked machine. You can copy the Anaconda installer to the target machine using many different methods including a portable hard drive, USB drive or CD.
- After copying the installer to the non-networked machine, follow the detailed installation instructions for your operating system.
Other ways to get Anaconda or Miniconda
You can find the official Anaconda or Miniconda AMIs on the AWS Marketplace.
You can find the official Anaconda and Miniconda Docker images on Docker Hub.
If you have a CDH cluster, you can install the Anaconda parcel using Cloudera Manager. The Anaconda parcel provides a static installation of Anaconda, based on Python 2.7, that can be used with Python and PySpark jobs on the cluster.
If you experience errors during the installation process, review our Troubleshooting topics.